- Give your blog a make over every now and then. I started off with a simple blog design and I have changed my design three times. I recently changed my banner, to give it a fresh look for me and for my readers. I really enjoyed having the panda logo but this time I have gone for make up swatches behind my blog name. Its simple but works for the design, as your blog grows, you can let it grow too.
2. Design an about me page so that we can get to know you and what you are interested in. Make it clear how to contact you, by email or even on other social media platforms. I am a huge fan of Instagram, so I love to find new blogs and to follow them on Instagram.
3. Keep a diary, note pad handy so that when you come up with ideas you can write them down. I have one in my hand bag at all times so that I can plan out post ideas and note down blogs I have found and love. Its handy to write things down because when you are busy you may miss it or forget.
4. This is a tip I am trying to follow myself at the minute, make time. So making time for your blog is important, you have worked so hard on it. Blogging relaxes me, it is something I do because I love it. I work full time but every week I make sure I make time to do some blog posts. Plan out your blog posts and read bloglovin to try avoid blogger burn out. Comment back to your readers, spend time commenting on other blogs etc.
5. brain storm content, get a pen and paper and note down anything that comes to you. I do this at least every two to three weeks and I end up with pages and pages full of ideas. this helps me when I have a writers block, it inspires me to write new content.
6. Learn how to edit your photographs and find a place in your house that has good lighting. I use one spot in my house that I take photographs for my blog because the lighting is good which saves me time on editing. If you get the light right you won't have to spend hours editing one photo.
7. Enjoy what you write about, never blog just to get a post live. I stick to this rule, I only blog when I really want to. Its something I really enjoy and it puts me in a good mood. I work with brands that I love and I stay faithful to my readers. Remember why you started.
8. Support other bloggers and never compare your blog to others. This is your space on the internet, if we all had the same blogs it would be boring. Write content you enjoy reading and leave comments on other blogs. We all put so much hard work into our blogs, so share the love. use social media in a positive way, enjoy instagram and Twitter. Join in on blog Twitter chats, I love the bbloggers chat on a Sunday.
Let me know your tips on blogging?